Making friends can at times be tricky. I know people want to say and sometimes I just come right out and tell them.
Sometimes my new friends feel bad about asking but what happened is part of me.
I have some friends I have been friends with for a long time and they tell me they don't see the scars anymore. That still blows my mind. It's sweet and interesting.
I still see the scars and I have been living with them the last 27 years... How could my Friends not see them?
But it's nice they are not focused on them.
If there are any thoughts or comments please feel free to leave them.
Sometimes my new friends feel bad about asking but what happened is part of me.
I have some friends I have been friends with for a long time and they tell me they don't see the scars anymore. That still blows my mind. It's sweet and interesting.
I still see the scars and I have been living with them the last 27 years... How could my Friends not see them?
But it's nice they are not focused on them.
If there are any thoughts or comments please feel free to leave them.
I don't know if you knew, but I was hit, dragged, and crushed by a garbage truck last year. Yeah, totally sucked!!! Anyway, I know am covered in scars. My entire stomach and side is one big nasty scar. I hate it. Everyday it bothers me. My family too says, "oh, you dot even notice.". I'm like...yeah right. I have a bump of scar tissue the size of a freaking 6 month pregnant belly on my right side. You can see my bump from a mile away!!!! Why tell me that they don't see it. In many ways, I know they are being nice and sometimes maybe I need to hear that. But, sometimes, I want them to tell ms they do see. They are sorry for it. They don't know how I go everyday with my body looking like that and me feeling the pain (I still hurt REALLY bad)I don't think half of the people I know would be able to go through the day feeling the way I do.
ReplyDeleteNow, please don't get me wrong. I am happy to be alive and all that jazz. I guess my point is I know how you feel. It sucks a lot somedays and somedays it doesn't. But, don't tell me you can't see my scars, they are who I am, who we are. And that's ok.