Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Patrick Story

I have the most interesting family. My sista (yep that's how my family rolls) Christy has a kind, sweetheart of a young man my nephew Patrick. Well this is the most precious story. I hope my sister and nephew are ok with me sharing it.

One day my mother got a call from my sista Chrsity. Christy had to tell Mom a story about her and Patrick in Wal Mart.

"Patrick and I were in Wal Mart and we saw a little child with Jobst pressure garments on. (These are used to make sure that burn scars do not rise and makes the scaring less.) Patrick asked me 'Mama what happened to the little kid?' I told him 'It's the same thing that happened to Aunt Sara. He was in a fire and is now getting treated.' At this point Patrick according to Christy kinda freaked out! He thought that something had recently happened and his mom hadn't told him."

Chrsity was in tears by this point telling us the story. My sister is such a sweetheart.

It was sweet that Patrick doesn't see or notice my scars. I have been around Patrick since he was a baby. He is now a 13 year old young man. I know there have been time that his friends have notice something different about me but I am not sure how he handles it. But it boggles my mind and makes me smile, for him I am Aunt Sara not Aunt Sara with Burn Scars.

If Christy and Patrick are reading this I love you both and miss you. Christy don't tear up too much, road dog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment