Thursday, November 24, 2011

Plastic Surgery

I have a like and dislike relationship with Plastic Surgery. I like my eyelids and nose plastic surgery gave me. I dislike the out come of one surgery that I had, it is still tough to talk about but I was a painful and altering surgery.

I dislike that some suggest Plastic Surgery to fix me. I didn't know I was broken or in need of repair?  I dislike the limited access some have to plastic surgery, those in need of plastic surgery to improve the quality of life are unable to receive it. But people who want it because they are bored, need a touch up, have more money than common sense or sadly have an addiction to it have easy access to it.

I was very angry and upset when Heidi Montage was on several magazines proudly proclaiming she had 19 or 20 procedures at one time. I challenge the print media to put someone on a cover that had  as many or more procedures because it was a reconstructive surgery.

Maybe the next time someone wants Plastic Surgery just because they will think about donating the money they would spend to organizations that provide Plastic Surgery to those less fortunate.

Here are some of my personal favorites (places or people that helped me):

Shriners Hospitals for Children
http://support.shrinershospitals.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HowYouCanHelp_v2

International Craniofacial Institute (founded by the Dr. Salyer he did my nose and eye lids)
http://www.craniofacial.net/

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I hate that. You wouldn't believe the battle I am facing!!!

    ReplyDelete