My very first and longest friendship has been with Ms. Virginia Fuchs (pronounced Fox). We met in Lake City, Co. I was four years old and she was three years old. There was a wonderful park across the alley from our summer house. I met Virginia in the park, we played together and the friendship started there.
Years later we met in Galveston, We both attended Satori School. It was great to start a new school and have a good friend already there. I remember a few people that were courious about my scars. But I dont remember there being much conflict. Sometimes if a new student came in then my friends and Virginia would rally around me and not allow them to be rude or mean to me.
When we are about 8 and 9 we made a video for Shriner's Burn Institute. It was then I found out more about our first meeting. Virginia's Mom said that when we met Virginia stopped playing touched my face and then went on playing. That pretty much was the most we had ever discussed my burns.
Virginia and I are still very close friends. We have, as with most friendship, had our ups and downs. Through it all she has been a great friend. I never felt different around her. She never stared, gave me ugly looks. She was like other kids that would snear at me, that would say "Eww", "Why does she look like that?" "What is wrong with her face?" I have always been greatful that I had a good friend as a child. I am also glad that we are still good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment